Linksys RE6500 Setup
Linksys RE6500 Setup is a dual-band high-speed extender and covers around 10,000 square feet of area. This extender has 4 Ethernet ports for direct wired connections like a game console, blu ray player, computer, etc can be connected directly. It handles multiple devices simultaneously and provides uninterrupted, high-speed internet to devices.
How to install the Linksys Setup RE6500
Installation is simple and handy, 3 steps and all set
• Connect the antennas at the rear of the extender and set them at a 90-degree angle.
• Connect the power adopter and plug it into the power outlet.
• Last part is setup with a router and done.
Wi-Fi Protected Linksys RE6500 Setup (WPS Setup)
WPS is an easy and fast method to setup the extender with a router. Extender accepts the existing router wifi signals and extends them to the further area. Linksys RE6500 Setup can cover around 10,000 Sqft of area. To setup with a WPS method:
• 1st bring the extender near to the router so that it’s in reach of the router’s wifi. Turn on the extender and router.
• Now look for the WPS button on the router and press it, WPS light on the router will start blinking.
• Now press the WPS button on the extender, WPS button can be found at the rear side of the extender.
• On pressing the WPS button extender, the light will start blinking in white color indicates WPS is in progress.
• On successful WPS connection light on the extender will be solid white. If unsuccessful light will blink in amber color.
• Extender is setup and ready to use if the light on the extender is solid white, once its setup extender can be relocated to its desired place. At desired location light should remain solid white in case of solid amber or blinking amber we recommend moving the extender near to the router.
Lights on Extender
The extender has only 1 light on it and that represents different states of it.
• Blinking White: When it’s turning on, resetting or any firmware upgrade is in progress.
• Blinking Amber: Not Setup, any error, or some configuration issue.
• Solid White: Setup and ready to use.
• Solid Amber: Not in range of router wifi, move extender near to the router.
Reset Range Extender
To reset the extender press the reset button for around 10 seconds. The reset button is located at the bottom of the Linksys Extender Setup and once you press it lightly on it will blink in white color. After reset, all saved settings and configurations will be erased and the extender restores the default settings.